The following is criteria for the Distinguished Service Award as developed by the MRPC Awards Committee:
- Substantial work in the goals and objectives of the MRPC.
- Substantial contribution to the promotion, development, maintenance or use of the Great River Road.
- New initiative for the enhancement of economic development as a tool for increased prosperity for counties, boroughs and communities along the river or road.
- In an exemplary way, carry out the purpose of the MRPC as set forth in our mission statement.
- An individual shall be ineligible to receive the award once they have received it, regardless of the number of intervening years.
Nominations for Distinguished Service Award to the Mississippi River Parkway Commission must be received at the MRPC National Office by September 1, annually to be considered by the Nominating Committee.
Nominations should be sent to the MRPC National Office when submitting your state report. The Nominating, Awards and Bylaws committee will review all nominations and the award will be announced during the Annual Meeting.
Distinguished Service Award Nomination Form
Click here to download printable form.