Features of the Award
- The MRPC will bestow an annual award called the “MRPC Stewardship Award” if a suitable nomination is recommended.
- The award can be made to an individual, organization or community, depending upon the fulfillment of the criteria.
- The nomination for this award will be made to the ERA Committee for recommendation and approval by the Board of Directors.
- If approved by the Board, the award will be presented by the Chair of the ERA Committee at the Annual Meeting.
- The Award will consist of a plaque with the MRPC logo. The basic wording on the award will be approved by the ERA Committee.
- In addition to the plaque, the MRPC will support the documented travel-related expenses of the award recipient to attend the MRPC Annual Meeting to accept the Award, up to $500.
- The selection of the Award Recipient will be made following the criteria outlined below.
The individual, organization or community:
- Must have a history of involvement on issues related to the Great River Road and the Mississippi River or the River Community.
- Should have a track record of enhancing the environment, agriculture, recreation, transportation on or along the Mississippi River corridor.
- Must be a recognized entity/individual by the peers working on or along the river
- The nominations by the State Chair or the State ERA Voting Representative are to be made by June 15 of the year of award.
- The recommendation letter should be sent to the MRPC National Office, outlining how the criteria are met.
- The National Office will forward the nominations to the ERA Committee for evaluation of the criteria by June 20.
- Nominations are reviewed by the ERA Committee with representation and a vote from each state.
- The ERA Committee Chair will forward the recommendation to the National Office for final approval by the Board of Directors at the next Board meeting.
- Upon approval, the National Office and the ERA Committee Chair will communicate to notify the award recipient.
- The National Office will publicize the awarded recipient.